Monday, June 04, 2007

Give blood, play rugby

OK, so I don't play rugby any more. I had to have Roto-Rooter come in and take care of my left shoulder back in 1992. Apparently, hauling 1200 pounds of woman into a set scrum with one arm takes it's toll. I do give blood though. I'm O-. That makes me the universal donor. I've been donating since 1984. They call me, or track me down somehow, every eight weeks. Once the lady actually saw me on the street in Downtown and dragged me down to the Blood Center. I'm probably down around 5 or 6 gallons of the stuff by now. On the upside, they do mini physicals and now test your cholestrol.

BP 110/70
Resting HR 60
Cholestrol 176

This morning's weigh in:
Weight: 213
Fat 36.9 WTF?
BMI 36.2

My free day bled a little into Sunday when my brother made a frozen orange chiffon pie. It rocked. Then I picked at a tray of cookies that was unfortunately placed in front of me. The lime ones were tasty. Back in the saddle today. I'm pretty sure this begins week four. I think I'll do some photojournalism this evening.

No comments: