Sunday, June 03, 2007

What the big dog eats...

The portions are off a little on this plate. This is whole wheat couscous with swordfish in a grapefruit marmalade glaze. The grapefruit marmalade was made from the grapefruit tree in my yard. We jerk spiced it. I mixed a little marmalade with a little olive oil and made a glaze.
Here is some Mahi Mahi, cooked up in a non-stick pan with a touch of lime, then I cooked up a Roma tomato with some basil and white kidney beans. Steam a little broccoli and we're good to go.
Here is some chicken andouille sausage with some rice and beans. Small portions of both the rice and beans and sausage. Lots of flavor, not much fat. Broccoli with lemon juice.


With the notable exception of the Ritter Sport, all you see is green vegetables. With Body for Life you can eat vegetables until the cows come home. I'll have broccoli with my lunch or maybe some zucchini. I'll grill the asparagus with dinner. I'll put fresh lemon on the broccoli and brush the asparagus with olive oil. Beauregard lets you know that there is meat further down in the bag.

1 comment:

Tiffany Anderson said...

*big, rolling tackle hug*

Hello, darlin' ... aha! A place to keep track of your misdeeds and misdemeanors ;) I have total faith in you that you will reach your goals and celebrate your 50th with your usual panache and style!

- Tiffany